3 credits/60 Clock hrs
3 Graduate Credits for $375 or 60 Clock Hours for $199 - You Choose!
(all course materials included)
Need some suggestions on how best to help students with ADD/ADHD succeed in your classroom? This course will shed some light on the questions/issues you likely struggle with the most with, and help you better meet the needs of the students. Explore such issues as diagnosis, recommended interventions, and methods for increasing appropriate behaviors. And discover some relaxation and stress management techniques for you – the educator – to help you along the way.
Goals and Objectives: As a result of participation in this course, students will be able to:
- Gain a deeper understanding of ADHD characteristics at various developmental levels.
- Explore research-based management strategies for the ADHD student.
- Improve instructional strategies for a direct impact on the classroom and students.
- Design a low distraction classroom environment.
- Develop a behavior intervention process for school/grade level.
- Craft an intervention plan to incorporate reinforcers for positive actions, and infuse behavioral strategies for removing inappropriate behaviors.
What your colleagues are saying about this course:
"This class about ADHD is one every teacher should take. The text is filled with strategies all teachers can use and the ideas will really help ADHD students succeed in the classroom. One of the most valuable classes I have taken."
Mountain Lake Park, Maryland